Thursday, August 31, 2006

Catalina Highway, Tucson, AZ - 9x12 Oil on Board

Last day of August and I'm finally able to start painting again. Here is the Catalina Highway. The scenic byway that stretches 30 miles from Tucson to the top of Mount Lemmon. I had been in a funk for nearly two months and hadn't painted at all. It was nice to pick up the brush again. I felt as though that the painting didn't turn out as well as I had hoped it would. The mountain in background is not the focal point so it's blurred a bit, however I wanted the cliffs more accented on the mountain. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess. I figure that coming in from a 2 month break I have to pick my pace back up and get back into my normal swing of things. I have about 20 paintings I'd like to get done soon so let's see where these lead me. Thanks for looking! :D

No comments: