Friday, September 01, 2006

A few from the past year or so



Here are a few paintings that I did within the last year. The first one is Sabino Canyon, AZ during an august monsoon storm. It was only my second painting all knife. 11x14. The second was of a Silhouetted Saguaro Cactus and Creosotte Bushes, 9x12. And lastly was my 8x10 Cowboy after the draw. Everyone in my family wants that one. These three were done on horrible canvas wrapped cardboard as they were all within a few months of my starting when I was still buying my stuff. After these three I started stretching my own. I now use 1/4" tempered hardboard. I know that 1/8" would have worked but wanted extra care against warping in our hummid summers. I had found the Rabbitskin glue wasn't to my liking and that I had little kids. Thanks to an artist named Larry Seiler I found that Acrylic Medium worked as a great bonding to size my canvas to my hardboard. Thanks larry. Enough about the boards, just wanted to get some old paintings up onto the site. Cheers everyone!!

No comments: