Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Halo 2 Master Chief 9x12 Oil Step by Step

In this third update, I have added the gold reflective face mask and shading to the underside of the visor. The gloves and SMG guns have also been painted. In the next phase the helmet and areas of upper torso will begin to be painted.
Decided to get some painting in today. So in the start of the laying system I began with just the background and boulder at bottom. Once dry I'll begin several layers for the actual character!!


Here is a preview of a painting to come. It's the Master Chief from Halo and Halo 2! This is just the sketch on the canvas board to show where my values will be laid. I will first begin with a monochrome underpainting and then work up from there. Not sure if I'll add a background or do a marbled look to the back. I've been wanting to paint the Chief for a while now. It took several hours today to get him all sketched out and his shading in place. It's modeled after teh cover to the Xbox game. And to show enthusiasm towards to soon to be released Halo 3 on the Xbox 360. It's on Canvas Wrapped Tempered Board 9x12. I will begin painting it sometime late next week. Click to Enlarge.

No comments: